Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 Beauty Favorites

Okay, so you know how when you're younger and people always say time flies as you age? I never used to believe them, but this past year has made me think differently. I can never remember a year moving by so quickly! I am excited for all of the things 2014 has in store, but for now let's reflect on 2013...

Favorites for Face


Primer: Most definitely The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer . If I could pick one favorite product of the year, this would be it! Smells great, prolongs makeup wear, and keeps oil away. It's an all around winner! 

Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid. So this foundation has gotten some not so rave reviews, but I LOVE it. In the summer months I am super oily, so the powder based fluid really helps my face look more matte. If you are looking for a way to keep oil at bay then I definitely would recommend this foundation. I would say its a medium coverage but very buildable. 

Concealer: Mary Kay Concealer.  I'm not a huge fan on Mary Kay but I swear by this concealer. It covers up everything! The bottle lasts forever too. 

Blush: Another MAC love! MAC Powder Blush in the shade DAME . I have very pale skin, so finding a blush that doesn't look ridiculous on me is quite a chore. The lady at the MAC counter matched me with this shade and I think its perfect for my skin tone! It's a very light pink with a matte finish. I think it gives the perfect rosiness, sort of that slightly flushed look. 

Highlighter: MAC MSF Centre of Attention. I mentioned this in my December favorites, but I just cant get enough of it! The lightness of it adds the most perfect glow to my pale cheeks, without making it look like I dumped a whole bottle of glitter on myself. This was a limited edition holiday release, so I'm glad I got my hands on it!
Favorites for Eyes


Eyeshadow: Number one favorite of the year goes to MAC Trax. It's a super rich plumy golden shadow that is so eye catching. It practically jumped off the display and got my attention! My runner up eyeshadow would be the Victoria's Secret shadow in the shade Make-Out. Super pigmented and super glittery! Perfect for nights out. 

Eyeliner: L'oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner.  This liner has changed the way I apply my eye makeup. It is basically a fail proof tip and makes fancy flicks SO MUCH SIMPLER to do! 

Mascara: My favorite new mascara discovery of the year would have to be the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara. The brush is super huge and is a clump free application! 

 Favorites for Lips


Lipstick: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Broadcast Berry. I bought this chubby stick in the summer and thought it was too dark, so I just threw it into the deep depths of my makeup bag. I pulled it back out when autumn began, and it basically changed my life. I have always loved the chubby sticks, but the intensity of this color is so divine! The Broadcast Berry shade is a deep raspberry color, which perfect for the winter months. The chubby sticks are also wonderful because they have moisturizers in them, almost like a lip balm. 

Lip Balm: C. O. Bigelow Rose Salve. Lets just say I basically wouldn't be able to survive the winter without this. 


What were some of your favorites? Hope you're all doing well. Have a fantastic week! 

Xo Natalie 





No comments:

Post a Comment